icubed congratulate GrainCorp Liquid Terminals on the successful opening of Stage 1 of their bulk fuel terminal at Pinkenba. The terminal was officially opened by the Foreign Minister, The Hon. Julie Bishop with a host of other government and Trade Representatives.
The 2 main storage tanks provide 45,000,000 litres of fuel storage and are linked to their existing wharf and site by a series of underground pipelines (approx. 1km). The 2 new tanks are for the storage and distribution of fuel (unleaded petrol and diesel) via the Freedom Fuels network of stations throughout south east Queensland. Bulk fuel is delivered via ship at the GrainCorp Liquid Terminals wharf, pumped up to the tanks for storage and then pumped back to GrainCorp Liquid Terminals for loading and distribution.
icubed worked on a number of integral parts of the project including gaining the necessary planning, environmental and risk related approvals for the Terminal and the associated pipeline. Our scope of works for this project included:
- Obtaining Planning Approval for the Terminal and ~1km of underground pipeline interconnecting the two GrainCorp Liquid Terminal sites – coordination of the approval through multiple government and regulatory bodies including the Port of Brisbane, Department of Natural Resources and Mines, Department of Environment and Heritage Protection, Department of Justice and Attorney General – Hazardous Industries and Chemicals Branch and local council
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA) for the Pipeline works
- Environmental Approvals for Pipeline and the Terminal
- Construction Environmental Management Plan
- Operational Environmental Management
- Construction Safety Management Plan
- Stormwater Management Plans
- HAZOP Study for the terminal and pipeline
- Approvals Coordination (building, operational works, plumbing)
icubed are pleased to be involved in a successful project delivered early and within budget.
For queries relating to Risk and Environment – please contact Justin Harvey on 07 3870 8888
For queries relating to Planning and Approvals – please contact Elizabeth Cruice on 07 3870 8888